Commercial Pest Control
What are pest commercial requirements for companies in the UK?
Commercial pest control generally refers to a 'regular' pest control treatment and inspection carried out by a qualified 'inspector' to commercial premises such as food outlets and various types of business premises.
The 'essence' of commercial pest control is 'prevention' or as is more commonly refered to knowadays as "Integrated Pest Management" or IPM for short.
As business in general has become more market led and the consumer closer to its heart, the risk of health and safety issues has never been greater to the successful retailer/supplier to end users. Particularly to food related enterprises.
As the food safety act 1990 stipulates, any company not found to demonstrate 'due diligence' in the eyes of the law can expect to face serious concequences.
Professional Pest Controllers
Professional pest control companies provide preventative services to a wide variety of businesses. When running a business it is important to be proactive when dealing with pests as apposed to being 'reactive'.
- Pests are detrimental to your businesses.
- They can carry and spread diseases.
- Chew through cables and wires causing extensive damage.
- Destroy and contaminate goods.
- Worry and cause distress to employees and customers.
- Portray a poor company image.
Approved Pest Controllers has an extensive list of local accredited Pest Control companies. These companies are all fully trained and insured. They can provide a professional service for your business. They are up to date with all the latest legislations thus ensuring that you and your business are in the know.
Pest control services for commercial premises are carried out on two basis.
- One off treatments
There are many benefits for having a 'pest control contract'.
- It allows any problem to be caught early on.
- Complies with laws and legislations.
- It works out cheaper and more effective than one off jobs.
- Peace of mind.
Depending upon your business requirements, a pest control contract will be drawn up to meet your needs. The contract will cover you for all pests that could pose a threat to your business. The amount of visits per annum will vary upon the nature of your business.
A price will be proposed and discussed before you decide to go ahead with a contract. Prices vary according to the size of your premises and the frequency of visits required.
Here are few examples of the different types of businesses and the amount of visits they require per annum.
- Public House/Restaurant 8 visits
- Food related business (eg butchers/bakery) 8 visits
- Farms (grain stores) 8-12 visits
- Low risk office building without food area 4 visits
|< Prev||Next >|